I Hate Labor Day

Labor Day is the one day of the year that depresses me and I am sad all day.  I don't know why but it's lonely.

I remember as a child being so down everytime it rolled around.  Maybe because school started the next day?  But I am far from my school days and it still feels like I'm at a funeral.

My Mom used to wake me up on the first day of school singing,

School days, school days
Dear old Golden Rule days
'Reading and 'riting and 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick
You were my queen in calico
I was your bashful, barefoot beau
And you wrote on my slate, "I Love You, Joe"
When we were a couple o' kids

I hated that song! But as a parent I thought it necessary to sing it to my son, who in turn hated it as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get in my Pants!

You Wanted the BAG!

Mom's Haunted House