World Suicide Prevention Day

World Suicide Prevention Day

I'm sure all of us know someone who has, or tried to commit suicide. I know I have seen it many times, from the time I was 2 until now. While living in the Bush Camps my Dad would take me to the bunk houses while he checked on everyone. Nothing like the shock of seeing someone hanging from the rafters. We would go berry picking and find men with their heads under the exhaust of their cars, blackened and maggots on them.

My son had to go through that while in school. Friends he had known since JK were hanging themselves. It had become like an epidemic there were so many. It leaves scars on everyone they knew. It never goes away.

Why would anyone even consider it? Depression is a main reason. No one listens or shrugs off what a person is saying. A feeling of hopelessness.

There are clues but people have to be willing to see them. A little kindness will go a long way; say hello and talk to them. Let them know you care and are willing to listen. GET HELP! TELL SOMEONE! You may save a life! If someone says they are going to kill themself or want to die, take it seriously!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get in my Pants!

You Wanted the BAG!

Mom's Haunted House